• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Research showing Lyme patients who don't recover have viruses

Dufresne

almost there...
@Violeta

As @Dufresne
I feel that I need to tackle all the things at once, including heavy metals and environnemental problems (I am also hypersensitive to EMF). That is a bit overwhelming...

I had a horrible case of EMF sensitivity which is about 90% resolved since moving from a moldy house. Dr Rea says EMF sensitivity almost always rights itself after the mold and/or chemical sensitivity that causes it is dealt with. And he claims 70% of those with MCS got that way via mold. Therefore if you don't recall a heavy chemical exposure that changed everything for you, the chances are, according to Rea, you have a mold/biotoxin problem.

Have you ever tried avoidance? I believe you live in a mold avoider's paradise, and it wouldn't be that hard to figure out to what extent environmental toxins are hurting you.

I'm pretty sure ambient inflammogens combine with those created by the bugs we carry to produce a synergistic cascade that keeps us overwhelmed by oxidative stress and the bugs persisting.

Avoidance, binders/detox, diet, anti-inflammatory interventions, antimicrobials, and immune modulation is my order of operations. The last one is tricky. I'm hoping isopathics is a good way to go with this.

Hanna

Thanks @Dufresne for your reflexion. I havn't linked mold to EMF, and what you are saying is interesting. Though I don't think I am living now in a moldy appartment (Jerusalem is near the judean desert, so it helps). But maybe there is a possibility of hosting the mold into the body for years as I come from Europe and lived in France 30 years.

Anyway, I fear that there won't be any ERMI test available in the country. Perhaps I should try cholestyramine once again and see the results? I tested it only once last year, and its tecture increased my swallowing problems, so I stopped (moreover it included some aspartam, a neuro toxin :grumpy:).
I don't use any climatisation because of molds fear.

I think my EMF sensitivity could be linked to heavy metal burden (I am loaded with lead according to hear analysis, and it matches my profession : as a painter I used to work with cremnitz white, the best way to poison myself with lead).

Sorry for my ignorance, I am confused with the terms isopathics, nosodes, homeopathics and have some difficulties to see the differences.
I have tried at the beginning Deseret Biologicals vials for borrelia, but not enough to see some clear reaction. Which kind of isopathics have you/ do you intend to use ?
Have you tried LDN for immune modulation ?

Dufresne

almost there...
I've read heavy metal chelation has helped some with EMF hypersensitivity. But seeing as you have Lyme and co, it could just as easily be the toxins from these critters too, or probably a combination. You might to look into chlorella as it apparently pulls metals as well as biotoxins from the gut. When this happens the body then releases toxins from deeper stores that make their way to the gut. So you end up with a steady detox that your body can handle.

Horowitz recommends chlorella at nighttime with some ALA or DMSA to remove metals. The chelators help bind toxins in tissue and blood so they can make it out and hopefully not be redistributed. The rule of thumb is to use DMSA for several months until you don't feel anymore detox, and then switch over to the ALA which crosses the BBB. If you were to start with the ALA it could theoretically grab mercury and such from various stores in the body, cross the BBB, and then let go of it in your brain. Definitely read up on chelation or consult a qualified naturopath before starting.

When I speak of nosodes I mean homeopathic dilutions of pathogens. I've experienced some of the greatest die-off and greatest relief from nosodes for borrelia and babesia. I just haven't been able to sustain the effects. I've read that homeopathy works better and better as one cleans up their system, so I'm hoping this will be more helpful in the future.

Isopathics are the pleo-sanum remedies, and to be honest I'm not sure if they're considered homeopathy or not. I can say, though, that these produced a more sustained effect in me, but I didn't continue with it as I had other priorities. I intend to get back to isopathics.

LDN improved my mood and mental clarity when I first tried it. Then when I purchased it from another source it had a terrible effect in that I couldn't walk 100 paces without incurring PEM. I tried another source and got the same thing. I've no idea what happened with that one. My endorphin system factors into my disease in a massive way; I just don't know how to work with it.

I'm intrigued with low dose immunotherapy.
http://www.gordonmedical.com/unravelling-complex-chronic-illness/low-dose-immunotherapy-a-new-healing-tool/
Ty Vincent is using homeopathic dilutions of a patient's stool to desensitize them to the toxins in their gut. This presumably lowers their reactivity to biotoxins from mold, borrelia, babesia, and god knows what else, and turns the immune system against the pathogens. I've no idea how homeopathy can increase immune activity to one thing (pathogens) while decreasing inflammation to another (toxins), but that's been my experience with it.