• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Research "clearly and consistently" shows that exposure to pesticides and other toxins caused GWI

eastcoast12

I have never heard of the camelford water incident before. I am at a loss for words. It amazes me that a country that gave the world Hawking, Darwin, Thompson, Newton, Farady and a ton of other revolutionary scientists, is producing a ton of incompetent (I hate even using the word) scientists. It's also troubling that the scientific community as a whole in the UK haven't spoken against some of these "scientists"
I'm not to sure where most of you are from but if your are outside the US look up "Flint Michigan water pollution". Very similar incident regarding poisonous drinking water along with a cover up which was finally brought to the public attention. It's absolutely disgusting and really unbelievable.

Violeta

I have never heard of the camelford water incident before. I am at a loss for words. It amazes me that a country that gave the world Hawking, Darwin, Thompson, Newton, Farady and a ton of other revolutionary scientists, is producing a ton of incompetent (I hate even using the word) scientists. It's also troubling that the scientific community as a whole in the UK haven't spoken against some of these "scientists"
I'm not to sure where most of you are from but if your are outside the US look up "Flint Michigan water pollution". Very similar incident regarding poisonous drinking water along with a cover up which was finally brought to the public attention. It's absolutely disgusting and really unbelievable.

And with respect to the Camelford "accidental" water poisoning, look up bovine spongiform.

eastcoast12

And with respect to the Camelford "accidental" water poisoning, look up bovine spongiform.
Funny you mention that. When I was reading the wiki article about camelford the see also part at the bottom of the page had a link to that and I was just about to check that out.

SilverbladeTE

Eastcoast 12,
As I've frequently mentioned, this country is riddled by a huge multiple cover ups run by Elite perverts, murderers, crooks, incompetents and utter scumbags
end result of the "British Establishment", the Elite sending their little kids off to awful boarding schools many to be abused, causing cycles of abuse, and outlooks of inhumanity and bullshit
the worst assbags they used to send off to some far off colonial post where they couldn't cause so much harm, but now imbeciles like Ian Duncan Smith are wrecking government departments and budgets with their stupidity, greed and ego

The UK was the world's 3rd most secretive nation during the Cold War after China and Albania, we were worse than the Soviet Union! problems were routinely covered up and buried

*general rant*
Science is in general nowadays, corrupt, sorry I am SICK of folk out there making it into a religion and ignoring the truth :/

by creating institutionalized Science as the ONLY Science, it became institutionally corrupt, by egos after tenure and "publication", but especially by corporations and governments wanting control and silence
where once lots of individuals worked on research, thus less conformist hegemony that always leads to abuse and corruption, we now have Science more and more "narrowed" views.

Science is NOT about having a white coat and a PhD, damn it!
it is a methodology that ANY person can apply, use and respect.