• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Research Check: can ‘Lightning Process’ coaching program help youths with chronic fatigue?

Dolphin

It doesn't help that the LP intervention is not fully explained and hence the really high likelihood of bias is not as obvious as it should be.
Yes it has frustrated me that it hasn't really been mentioned much that lightning process is fairly heavy duty hypnosis. I read up about it before. All the practitioners have to get a qualification in hypnotherapy (I'm not saying the qualification is predictably good). Hypnotise people for 4 hours 3 days in a row with some follow-up sessions and it's not hard to believe this could alter how people would report things very dramatically.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Yes it has frustrated me that it hasn't really been mentioned much that lightning process is fairly heavy duty hypnosis. I read up about it before. All the practitioners have to get a qualification in hypnotherapy (I'm not saying the qualification is predictably good). Hypnotise people for 4 hours 3 days in a row with some follow-up sessions and it's not hard to believe this could alter how people would report things very dramatically.
Well they'd have to think up a new line for putting people under, because the traditional "You are feeling sleeeeepy ..." might backfire on them.