• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Requesting photos for #MillionsMissing project on Instagram

MEPatient345

Thanks @ahimsa.. Here is the message again:

PR folks.. Would love your participation in the #MillionsMissing Instagram account.

Would love to represent the full picture, and we have more women so far, so more men, children, would give a broader image of the disease.

https://www.instagram.com/millionsmissing/

Send a photo of you doing something you love and miss back when you were well to millionsmissing25@gmail.com.

Include the year you got sick, your location, and any other information you'd like to include about what you miss, and your life then and now. Have a look to get ideas.. I try to combine stories with facts about the disease.

Thanks so much in advance! Pls share!

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
I sent in a photo from my hiking days. I also used it to make a poster (tweeted it today, pinned tweet):

WeAreTheMM_Hiking2.jpg

(click on thumbnail to enlarge)

I've been mostly offline this week (family visit planned months ago, before protest) but have managed to to a bit of posting and tweeting.

And I've scheduled a bunch of tweets for May 25th. That morning I'll be driving to the airport. When I get home I'll be doing a lot of resting and recovery from the family visit! Speaking of which, need to get offline again. :)

Old Bones

I sent two photos with the following text:

"These photos were taken almost 30 years ago while on our honeymoon in Austria and Switzerland. It was inconceivable that 2 1/2 years later, my active sporting life would be ended by an illness I'd never heard of -- ME. I'm one of the lucky ones -- my husband has stayed by my side despite devastating lifestyle losses.

I'm missing: My active outdoor pursuits
My husband is missing: His hiking partner

Realizing that you have more photos of women than men, the second photo could "scratch out" the man's boots, implying he is the one missing."

ClimbAustria.jpg
BootsSwitzerland.jpg