1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reputable Cytokine Panel?

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by Mya Symons, May 9, 2013.

1. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Does anyone know where I could get a reputable cytokine panel (Inflammatory cytokine testing) done? Preferably something I could buy online and then go to the laboratory?
  2. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
  3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
  4. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
  5. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

My doc didn't seem to think that cytokine testing was feasible, since they are still poorly understood. Plus, what would you do with that info?
  6. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    How do we block these dam cytokines?? TNF alpha and il6 are the common ones that are high in cfs/me. it seems to be a balancing act with treatments as many of those meds that can lower these cytokines can lower overall immunity which could be an issue for us with active infections. I have been reading of docs using methotrexate to block inflammation(from cytokines?) and antivirals at the same time, maybe helps reduce the 'die off' type reactions people have too??

See more popular forum discussions.