1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reports from the "Invest in ME" conference--May 20th

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Sushi, May 20, 2011.

1. Spring

Spring Senior Member

Netherlands
    Hi,

On the Dutch forum there was a brief report of someone who attended the conference. Dr. De Meirleir has said that 68 of 108 people treated with Gc Maf had considerable improvement.

Spring

2. Bob

Bob

South of England
  3. Bob

Bob

South of England
    hi currer, thanks very much for sharing your positive experience of the conference.
    It sounds like you had a very interesting day.
    I'm looking forward to watching the DVD.

It's good to hear that Peter Spencer and Charles Shepherd were there.

4. ukme

ukme Senior Member

Thanks MIke for that wonderful report, some of it was not what I would want to hear but I remain hopeful that there will be a breakthrough..

5. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

thanks Mike. I have low alk phos.. as per de Meirleir. Interesting that he didn't share v. much about Gcmaf.
    Also, why did he warn us off NSAIDs? Was he talking about long-term NSAID use? Glutathione-depleting?
    thanks.

6. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

7. LaurieM

LaurieM

UK
    DVD set available soon

For those interested in the IIME DVD set of the 2011 conference, it will hopefully be available later this month (July).

http://www.investinme.org/IiME%20Conference%202011/IIME%202011%20DVD%20Production%20Status.htm

8. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Laurie - can quite understand the need for the short delay too.

9. currer

currer Senior Member

Any news on the publication date?
    July has come and almost gone.

10. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

http://www.investinme.org/IiME Conference 2011/IIME 2011 DVD Production Status.htm

11. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Update today Kate email from Richard - complete and now ready for distribution.

12. Bob

Bob

South of England
    But it's not yet being distributed.

Invest in ME have sent out an email today, which apologises for the delay.

They say that the paper that we are waiting for, to be published, is now under peer review.

Also, they say that creating the DVD was a slower process that usual this year.

But the current delay is because they decided to include the presentation that is awaiting publication. They say that they consider it to be an important presentation, and that they think that we will appreciate being able to watch it, even if that means a slight delay in receiving the DVD.

The DVD will also include the pre-conference presentation by Hillary Johnson and Ian Gibson.

13. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Yes the exact wording on my email DVD's now completed and being readied for distribution - awaiting completion of peer review process only.

14. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Yes, here's the relevent info:

"Their paper is now completing the peer review process and we would rather wait a little longer before distribution begins in order that we can include this presentation on the DVD as well.

This has forced a delay but we hope everyone will understand the reason for this. The research by Professor Mella and Dr Fluge, experts in their own (non-ME) field, could be ground-breaking."

15. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Yes I saw that too Bob - sounding very exciting - much hoping it will have a big impact here on our outdated medical establishment. Maybe somethink one could guide one's GP with ? ......though mine so constrained - even antibiotics were denied. When one sees all the refinements being made on protocols everywhere else but the UK one could assume the Dark Ages here.

16. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    So, it's a win iin situation for us like usual?:eek:

17. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi, a brief teaser, the explanation includes a comment that it can almost completely reverse the symptoms of ME in twenty four hours. I am now thinking of getting the DVD if orders are still being accepted. Bye, Alex

18. currer

currer Senior Member

Hi Alex,
    Yes buy a DVD, it will support IiME and I was at the conference, you will want to see what happened there.

This will be an important study.

19. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

Symptoms quickly return though once you stop taking that drug. And as it's basically chemo therapy, I don't think you want to take it for too long?

But wow... I would love to reverse my symptoms in 24 hours :D

20. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi jemal, you can pulse dose though, and once we understand the mechanism, we can develop a better less toxic drug. Bye, Alex

ps I think that killing B cells is not the primary mode of action, 24 hours implies this

See more popular forum discussions.