• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reports from the "Invest in ME" conference--May 20th

Spring

Hi,

On the Dutch forum there was a brief report of someone who attended the conference. Dr. De Meirleir has said that 68 of 108 people treated with Gc Maf had considerable improvement.

Spring

Bob

hi currer, thanks very much for sharing your positive experience of the conference.
It sounds like you had a very interesting day.
I'm looking forward to watching the DVD.

It's good to hear that Peter Spencer and Charles Shepherd were there.

ukme

Thanks MIke for that wonderful report, some of it was not what I would want to hear but I remain hopeful that there will be a breakthrough..

aquariusgirl

thanks Mike. I have low alk phos.. as per de Meirleir. Interesting that he didn't share v. much about Gcmaf.
Also, why did he warn us off NSAIDs? Was he talking about long-term NSAID use? Glutathione-depleting?
thanks.

DVD set available soon

For those interested in the IIME DVD set of the 2011 conference, it will hopefully be available later this month (July).

DVD Update: 8th July 2011

The DVD is still being produced and we hope to begin delivery during July. However we are also awaiting publication of one of the papers presented at the conference and have promised not to release the DVD until that occurs - which we hope will be during July.

http://www.investinme.org/IiME%20Conference%202011/IIME%202011%20DVD%20Production%20Status.htm

Enid

Thanks Laurie - can quite understand the need for the short delay too.

Enid

Update today Kate email from Richard - complete and now ready for distribution.

Bob

Update today Kate email from Richard - complete and now ready for distribution.

But it's not yet being distributed.

Invest in ME have sent out an email today, which apologises for the delay.

They say that the paper that we are waiting for, to be published, is now under peer review.

Also, they say that creating the DVD was a slower process that usual this year.

But the current delay is because they decided to include the presentation that is awaiting publication. They say that they consider it to be an important presentation, and that they think that we will appreciate being able to watch it, even if that means a slight delay in receiving the DVD.

The DVD will also include the pre-conference presentation by Hillary Johnson and Ian Gibson.

Enid

Yes the exact wording on my email DVD's now completed and being readied for distribution - awaiting completion of peer review process only.

Bob

Yes, here's the relevent info:

"Their paper is now completing the peer review process and we would rather wait a little longer before distribution begins in order that we can include this presentation on the DVD as well.

This has forced a delay but we hope everyone will understand the reason for this. The research by Professor Mella and Dr Fluge, experts in their own (non-ME) field, could be ground-breaking."

Enid

Yes I saw that too Bob - sounding very exciting - much hoping it will have a big impact here on our outdated medical establishment. Maybe somethink one could guide one's GP with ? ......though mine so constrained - even antibiotics were denied. When one sees all the refinements being made on protocols everywhere else but the UK one could assume the Dark Ages here.

alex3619

Hi, a brief teaser, the explanation includes a comment that it can almost completely reverse the symptoms of ME in twenty four hours. I am now thinking of getting the DVD if orders are still being accepted. Bye, Alex

currer

Hi Alex,
Yes buy a DVD, it will support IiME and I was at the conference, you will want to see what happened there.

This will be an important study.

Jemal

Hi, a brief teaser, the explanation includes a comment that it can almost completely reverse the symptoms of ME in twenty four hours. I am now thinking of getting the DVD if orders are still being accepted. Bye, Alex

Symptoms quickly return though once you stop taking that drug. And as it's basically chemo therapy, I don't think you want to take it for too long?

But wow... I would love to reverse my symptoms in 24 hours :D

alex3619

Hi jemal, you can pulse dose though, and once we understand the mechanism, we can develop a better less toxic drug. Bye, Alex

ps I think that killing B cells is not the primary mode of action, 24 hours implies this