Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Report on the Mikovits talk

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Jemal, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Thanks Jemal!

I see that the slides are now back into the presentation again.

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Jemal, everything coming from the best (WPI) much appreciated.

4. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

5. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Wow, I am so impressed at Lannie's note-taking abilities! Excellent summary, so thorough.

I have a couple of things to throw into the mix from my notes on the lecture...

First, I heard Judy say that the reduced CD19(antibody producing) was replaced by increased CD20 which makes autoantibodies. I think this is a key point since there is so much conufsion as to whether it is an autoimmune condition or not. I am strating to feel like it's not an either/or, but a subset issue. WHat does anyone else think?

Also, a sentence that struck me enough to write it down was this:
    The envelope proteins alone can cause oxidative stress, vascular leakage, glutathione depression, and system dysregulation.
    I presume she meant XMRV, but I wonder if this is true for the other viruses? Any thoughts?
    She suggested then addressing ox stress, Gsh depl and DNA hypomethylation, but since these are downstream, I wonder why? Since I don't know enough about virology, I wonder why we can't address the env proteins directly? Or would that be the same as trying to address the virus as a whole?

See more popular forum discussions.