• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Report on the Mikovits talk

Enid

Thanks Jemal, everything coming from the best (WPI) much appreciated.

leela

Wow, I am so impressed at Lannie's note-taking abilities! Excellent summary, so thorough.

I have a couple of things to throw into the mix from my notes on the lecture...

First, I heard Judy say that the reduced CD19(antibody producing) was replaced by increased CD20 which makes autoantibodies. I think this is a key point since there is so much conufsion as to whether it is an autoimmune condition or not. I am strating to feel like it's not an either/or, but a subset issue. WHat does anyone else think?

Also, a sentence that struck me enough to write it down was this:
The envelope proteins alone can cause oxidative stress, vascular leakage, glutathione depression, and system dysregulation.
I presume she meant XMRV, but I wonder if this is true for the other viruses? Any thoughts?
She suggested then addressing ox stress, Gsh depl and DNA hypomethylation, but since these are downstream, I wonder why? Since I don't know enough about virology, I wonder why we can't address the env proteins directly? Or would that be the same as trying to address the virus as a whole?