• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Report on a Nov 26, 2013 Norwegian ME/CFS conference (incl. Dr Fluge on their research program)

Dolphin

Tate Mitchell on Co-Cure has highlighted the following:

The translation is far from perfect so some people may prefer to skim down to bits they might be more interested in e.g. the talk by Dr. Øystein Fluge who jointly leads a research program on Rituximab (the report also mentions other research they are doing).

Other speakers:

(i) A historical look at CFS / ME
Dr. Kristine Lillestøl, PhD, post doc UIO

(ii) What does the research say about the effectiveness of treatment of CFS/ME?
Physiotherapist Little Beth Larun PhD, Knowledge Centre

[Comment: although it doesn't mention it here, Dr. Larun is doing a Cochrane Review of GET and/or CBT (I can't remember which one - I know that it has come up that it will involve the PACE Trial data and one can see from this report that Dr. Larun is the sort of person the CBT school of thought might like to do such a review)]

(iii) CFS / ME and clinical research - possible hypotheses and designing a intervention study Professor Vegard Bruun Wyller, PhD, Akershus University Hospital / University of Oslo

(iv) The researcher and the people
Dr. Maria Gjerpe

(Dr. Gjerpe led the fundraising that MEandYou foundation did for a Norwegian trial of Rituximab).

(v) Questions and Answers session.