• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reminder: This sub-forum is for ME/CFS studies only

Dolphin

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
okay, well then a mod can move mine, if any of them are active. It was on mitochondria micronutrition.

I won't be upset :)

Have a good day

okay, well then a mod can move mine, if any of them are active. It was on mitochondria micronutrition.

I won't be upset :)

Have a good day

I think I often whack non-CFS stuff in here too. I tend to use the 'new posts' button, rather than browse by forum, so forget what they're all for.

Bob

So no one wants to hear about my exciting new project to train rats to answer the Multidimensional Fatigue Inventory and Chalder Fatigue Questionnaires?

:D

hehehe...

It sounds very interesting, and useful.

If the rats have CFS/ME, then you should definitely post it in this section!

I expect that your rat study was more successful than the PACE Trial? (as it couldn't have been less successful!!!)

taniaaust1

Snow Leopard, I presume that you are going to make your rats swim around in a tank of water until they are tired to simulate CFS/ME (like a recent run of studies did)? Don't forget to get your rats to post me their results.

They need to make those rats swim about until it is known that they cant even recover with rest, Unfortunately they are all drowned by then :p

Thanks.

Although we have another one already:

Thanks! It's now been moved to non-ME/CFS research section and merged with a thread discussing the same topic there.

You can also use the "Report Post" option to flag misplaced posts for the moderators.

Dolphin

Thanks! It's now been moved to non-ME/CFS research section and merged with a thread discussing the same topic there.
Thanks

You can also use the "Report Post" option to flag misplaced posts for the moderators.
Ok, I will consider it in future although I associate reporting posts more for more urgent actions so not sure whether I'll be able to get myself to do it.

What do want Dolphin - all serious research contributes to the understanding of ME. It brings clarity (of which you nor I have none and will bring an unravelling of the disease process). Best we can do is to sit by and encourage as 21st century medicine comes to to understand.

We do have different forums for very good reason.

This subforum is dedicated to research using ME/CFS patients or directly stated to be about some aspect of ME/CFS.

The 'Other Health News and Research' forum is for research and news that isn't directly about PWC's but has implications.

Having separate forums is helpful -- when you visit this forum, you know you will find research directly related to ME/CFS. When you visit the other one, you will find news and research that has implications for our population.

The set up is to make it easier for members to find information.

Dolphin

Just thought I'd post this again as threads are still appearing that shouldn't be in this forum and perhaps a new post might be spotted by some:
Reminder: This sub-forum is for ME/CFS studies only

Forum: Latest Research
Post links to news articles, abstracts, etc about PUBLISHED RESEARCH SPECIFIC TO ME/CFS.

There is another sub-forum:
Forum: Other Health News and Research
Find health news/research on another topic that you feel has implications for PWCs?
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/forumdisplay.php?55-Other-Health-News-and-Resear

Dolphin

This forum is supposed to be a handy place to find discussions on published papers. Can people posting other items e.g. charity news, their own theories, questions about treatments, news about research grants, parliamentary questions, etc. please post them elsewhere. If and when a moderation team gets in place, I will ask them to move them but I think it would be better not to ask at the moment.