1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Remedy for a burning sore throat

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by tandrsc, Sep 1, 2013.

1. tandrsc

tandrsc

UK
    I'm sure we all know that burning sore throat thing when we've done a bit too much, well this remedy works for me so I thought I'd pass it on.

Gargling with sage tea

I make a strong sage tea - 2 teaspoons (dried) to a mug of boiling water, I let it cool and then strain. I then gargle with it once an hour or whenever my throat is really bothering me. The worst of the burning is usually gone after a day.

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Thanks for this, my throat has been a huge issue for me the past week, its stopping me from sleeping (Ive been up since 1am this morning as my throat woke me back up).

edit -edited a question out (I was so tired I missed half of this post).

3. tandrsc

tandrsc

UK
    Here's hoping it works for you!

4. skyer

skyer

Also there is this stuff you can get at the pharmacy to spray your throat and it numbs the pain. That and salt water is the only thing thats helped me.

See more popular forum discussions.