1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reliable Lyme test from German lab

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by brenda, Mar 19, 2012.

1. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    This lab in Germany -

MVZ Laborzentrum
    Ettlingen,
    Germany.

does a Lyme test which is not a test on antibodies. Here is their explanation

This was an examination of a specific immune response on the T-cellular level against

borrelia burgdorferi sl in contrast to the usual examination of the immune answer by specific antibodies (Elisa or western

blood test resp.). The advantage of this T-cellular method is that this method is more sensitive than the the proof by

antibodies and it shows only actually active infections by borrelia burgdorferi sl while specific antibodies can persist over

years after the end of the infection. Also if the is a reinfection or reactivation of the borreliosis the T-cell-examination shows

again a conspicuous result. So the T-cell-examination is the better way of testing if there is a lyme borreliosis.

This method is called LTT = Lymphocyte Transformation Test and is a cell culture procedure where isolated lymphocytes are

brought in contact with surface antigens of the germ to be tested. In case of questionable borreliose we use typical antigens

of the borrelia burgdorferi sl: one whole antigen mixture of the most important surface antigens of all of the borrelia

species present in europa and three typical (recombinant) single antigens which are only to find on the surface of borrelia

burgdorferi species.

I had the test done in 2008 (positive) Their email address is

W.Gebhardt@laborzentrum.org

Werner Gebhardt has sent me an email in English so I am guessing he speaks good English.

I paid about 80 for the test, ordered by a doctor in Germany so you may need a doctor to order it.

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
  3. caremom

caremom

Australia
    Where can one go for Lyme test in Australia?

See more popular forum discussions.