1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Relevant to PEM - excercise and serotonin metabolism

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Jun 7, 2013.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    apologies if this has been discussed before ... there are several threads on inflammation and serotonin metabolism and related issues so wasn't sure where to post.

btw indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is already overexpressed in chronic infectious/inflammatory states (via interferon), so most likely implicated in ME. Wondering what happens in the scenario above in cases where this pathway is already dysfunctional or stressed or somehow blocked?

So instead of more energy (NAD) following excercise because of this blockage/dysfunction in the pathway we get more toxic metabolites of that pathway - kynurenic and quinolinic acids??

For the brave :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KP_pathway.jpg

2. Bob

Bob

South of England
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    If I read this correctly, we finally know why rats get depressed after running on treadmills. :nerd:

Bob and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.