• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

relapsing /remitting is this normal?

bspg

Plant Queen
If I just quietly concentrate on what I need to do ie. chores around the house, making food, showering; I'm fine but if there's some emotional stress or big thinking involved then I just shut down.
I've also noticed I suffer very quickly from hypoglycaemia if I do any thinking or serious reading.
Although I should add that I'm not massively able to do physical stuff like exercise.

So glad I found this thread. I've been able to do things recently that I haven't been able to do for months and it's freaking me out. "Am I suddenly cured? Is this all in my head? Did I never even have ME to begin with??"

I feel great on the summer, and then in the fall i go down fast and hard, it takes me all winter months and some of the spring to recover!. Is the same path every year for the last 9 years.

This is me too. I do better in the late spring and summer then get much worst throughout the fall and winter.

I wonder what would cause this relapsing/remitting in ME?

Seven7

Seven
Another observation I thgouht the problem was fall per say, but now I wonder if it is the cold weather. This year has been very unusual that we get like cold and warm weather. When the cold weather came after a few days of warm, I had Cfs back and I was like what the heck I was doing so well, then the warm came back and I was back in remission state. So these days the Cfs is on and off , the only things I can see is the cold ( and I mean like winter feeling cold) changing, I will
Keep observing. But it is as if
My body has a winter switch lately!!!