• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rejected by SSDI, What next?

Gingergrrl

@SDSue Wow, I am so surprised that your doctor would say that to social security based on a brief trial of one medication that has now been discontinued! What was she thinking?!!!

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@taniaaust1 Hugo got disability, started getting peptide injections and doing Gupta's protocol. Last I heard from him he was back at work almost full time. He still had to pace himself and had some rough days but he was managing.

He told me he would not be back among the unwashed PR masses. (my words not his)

JalapenoLuv

There are two initial paper steps. You probably have your first rejection so are on to the second paper step which I think it called a reconsideration. You can file that yourself but it must be done within the time limit. Having a good attorney or advocate can help you strengthen your case in the initial paperwork and can speed up your case. There is a website called Disability Key where they can help you with that without having to fork over the fee. If you lose the second paper determination you'll definitely need an attorney to deal with the ALJ judge.

PNR2008

I doubt if this will help you except give you a good laugh but when I applied in 1989, I was rejected the first time of course. The second time with no lawyer but a well known doctor, I was approved. There was no code for CFS then so I got the approval on Virus-non-AIDS.

Some would say a mental disability might have been better.

SDSue

Southeast
@SDSue Im thinking about you. I hope you are further along some how in getting it. You will be so relieved once you do.
Thanks so much! I've hired an attorney and am awaiting a hearing. Like everything with ME/CFS, this isn't an easy process.