• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Regular blood test results (CD3+ CD4/CD8...)

Aubry

Any observations or recommendations?
I have high IGG viral titers for CMV and EBV
Rest looks normal but some hormones are on the very low side I think.
Do I have to take something for high hematocrit?

Attachments

• bloodwork 19122017.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 26

Aubry

bloodwork 19122017.jpg
bloodwork2 19122017.jpg
bloodwork3 19122017.jpg

Learner1

Your total IgG is pretty low. You might try having your IgG subclasses tested. You may have trouble fighting infections. Also, you may try having them retested if you continue to be ill. My total IgG dropped from over 8 to under 6, at which point, IVIG was prescribed.

The high EBV and CMV may be indicative of a chronic, and not just a past infection. You may benefit from an antiviral, like valacyclovir or valganciclovir.

Aubry

@Learner1 Yes I took gammanorm in the past (very low dose IVIG) but I couldn't handle it so well, maybe I need to restart... Does Valacyclovir work for CMV? I heard CMV needs Valcyte...

Learner1

IVIG is challenging. I started on a higher autoimmune dose of Gammaked and had significant side effects each time for 7 days after. Switching to Gammunex-C, which has the exact same specifications has been better.

It does tend to set off MCAS symptoms, but I'm taking Solumedrol, Allegra, and benadryl the day of, and dexamethasone, Allegra, ketotifen, Benadryl, B5, curcumin, and boswellia for a few days afterwards.

It has given me the support I need to be resolving my multiple infections.

Both drugs will work for CMV and EBV. I've been on 1.8g of Valcyte for 6 months, which has improved my symptoms and my labs.

Aubry

Nice. Are you feeling better with this anti-viral approach (combination IVIG + Valcyte) now that your infections are improved? I started yesterday with Valacyclovir 2g/dag to start. Will try to ask RX for Valcyte but I doubt some MD will prescribe it, will see. Couple months ago my subclasses where measured and IGG4 was bit too low.

Learner1

Yes. My brain fog and cognitive dysfunction have improved with Valcyte, and overall, I have more energy than when I started the entire regimen in August. My POTS has improved by 1/3 and I have fewer days that are a total waste.