• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Registration Now Open for Public Session (Jan. 27th 2014) of ME/CFS IOM Meeting

Nielk

The webcast of the IOM's January 27 open session will be in the form of a videocast available to anyone with an internet connection (not limited to U.S. residents). The webcast will also be recorded and available to the public via the IOM website after the meeting.

Wally

@Nielk. Do you have any information on how quickly the IoM plans to post a copy of the videocast? The Office of Women's Health (Dr. Lee's Office) told me that it can take up to two months for videos from CFSAC public meetings to be posted. I am waiting to view the video from the meeting held on 12/11/2013 and it is not up yet (six weeks since the meeting took place), so I assume it will be another 2 weeks before we will see this video posted? I wonder why the posting of a video takes so long and if those same reasons will apply to a non-governmental entity such as the IoM?

Nielk

@Nielk. Do you have any information on how quickly the IoM plans to post a copy of the videocast? The Office of Women's Health (Dr. Lee's Office) told me that it can take up to two months for videos from CFSAC public meetings to be posted. I am waiting to view the video from the meeting held on 12/11/2013 and it is not up yet (six weeks since the meeting took place), so I assume it will be another 2 weeks before we will see this video posted? I wonder why the posting of a video takes so long and if those same reasons will apply to a non-governmental entity such as the IoM?

Liz willow posted on Facebook the following:" I was told by an IOM staff person it would be posted as soon as they receive the recording from the webcast company."

Nielk

I just got this e-mail:

Good evening,

Thank you again for registering to participate in the upcoming meeting for the Institute of Medicine study on Diagnostic Criteria for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The open session of this meeting will take place on at 1pm on January 27, 2014 at the Keck Center of the National Academies, located at 500 Keck Street NW, Washington, DC. The final version of the agenda is attached to this email.

If you are participating via webcast, please use the following link to access the webcast on the day of the event, noting that it will begin at 1:00pm (EST):http://iom.edu/Activities/Disease/D...elitisChronicFatigueSyndrome/2014-JAN-27.aspx. The webcast will display a live feed of the meeting; the video recording of the meeting will also be posted on our website after the event.

If you are attending in person, please arrive 20 to 30 minutes early to facilitate the check-in process. Visitors to the Keck Center must sign in with the security desk in the front lobby. Once you have signed in at the front door, you may proceed to the registration table outside of the entrance to the meeting room (Keck 100). For more information about meeting logistics, please visit the meeting website or email mecfs@nas.edu.

All written comments that were submitted to the IOM study staff by January 22, 2014 will be shared with the committee before the meeting. At any point during the study, you may submit written comments to mecfs@nas.edu.

Best,

IOM Staff for the Committee on Diagnostic Criteria for ME/CFS

Seven7

Seven
Oh No I tried to regisred and says:
(I didn't see I could registered until today)
This survey is not accepting additional responses at this time. Thank You!

Maybe somebody can post meeting info? A way we can log in later?

Nielk

Oh No I tried to regisred and says:
(I didn't see I could registered until today)
This survey is not accepting additional responses at this time. Thank You!

Maybe somebody can post meeting info? A way we can log in later?

I did register to attend the web meeting and I got the same message. I just e-mailed them to ask what this means. It might just be a message that we all get until the actual time of the meeting.

Denise

Re. --- recording webcast
PLEASE PM me if you are going to/can record the webcast (audio especially).

Thanks