• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Regarding SEID

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this has been covered extensively already. But I wanted to get the communities two cents on the new name for CFS.
For those who don't know, a recent report from the IOM changed the name from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease (SEID). The thought behind this was to give it a more serious tone. With the new name came a new, clearer definition of the disease to help doctors accurately diagnose it.
The report goes into depth on how many doctors are mistreating those with CFS. Does anyone here think that the new name will bring new change? Is it a step in the right direction? Or is it just another confusing medical term that will fall to the wayside in the coming months?

Status
Not open for further replies.