1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reducing sleep aids experiment

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by xchocoholic, Oct 5, 2013.

1. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Best of luck with the move!
    xchocoholic likes this.
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    thanks @madietodd

It's going as well as can be expected. I'm into working for 20 minutes then resting for 20+ minutes. I should be finished today tho.

I wanted to add that I took 1 mg melatonin and 100 mg of 5htp for 3 nights in a row. I felt great after 2 nights but couldn't completely wake up after using these for 3 nights in a row.

I'm back to .1-.125 mg klonopin. I use k for myoclonus so couldn't tell you if it would work for anyone else. My myoclonus keeps me from getting a good nights sleep. I didn't realize how well it worked for thus until I tried using theanine instead. My body just feels so much better when i sleep.

Gotta run. tc ... x
  3. xchocoholic

Florida
    I probably got glutenned 2 nights ago. Not that I can be certain but my best guess is that it was from So Delicious coconut with almond bars.

I had complete and total insomnia at 2 am and I'd been trying to fall asleep since 11.

Taking an extra .125 mg klonopin didn't help so I took 1 mg melatonin and 50 mg 5htp. I slept ok after that only waking up a few times.

I took the mel and 5htp again last night.
    For some reason my sleep is deeper and more refreshing if I take the mel and 5 htp. I don't know how to describe it other than I'm not feeling as stiff.

I won't be taking those tonight tho. These appear to build up in my system and make me too drowsy.

Just sayin .... x
  4. xchocoholic

Florida
    Just wanted to add that before discovering melatonin and 5htp I couldn't sleep at all if I was reacting that way. My doctors answer was no to worry. Eventually you'll fall asleep. lol. Sure doc. He right. After days of no sleep and feeling like Hell I would finally get some sleep. It was never as good as it is on the mel and 5htp tho.

I've needed up to 9 mg of melatonin and 300 mg of 5 htp for this problem previously. I was relieved that the lesser dose worked.
  5. Old Salt

Old Salt Rowing the boat

S/W Pa.
    Avoiding all grains, no wheat, rice, oats, etc, and no sugar, made all the difference for a good nights sleep and improvement overall.
    xchocoholic likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.