• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reddit event with Francis Collins

neweimear

If anyone is on the reddit event tmrw, please ask Collins if he is aware of all the lives lost to M.E, people dead and buried because NIH have refused to act appropriately. M.E can be life threatening/fatal....does he get that?? I cannot attend, I feel it's an important question. Also bureaucratic processes can be changed when there is a desire to do so. He needs to Act.

This is a great idea. We should also “gild” the best comment about ME/CFS. This will boost its rank in the comments and help it get more attention.

This is done by awarding reddit gold to the post. I believe it costs $3.99 to do so.

SB_1108

The AMA with Francis Collins has been posted on Reddit and people have started submitting questions. The way Reddit works is that the most upvoted questions are usually the first seen and the first answered. So please ask your question for Dr Collins or upvote one that has already been asked. So far there are only two ME questions. He will begin answering questions at 2pm EST so we don't have much time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/8dn0jo/im_francis_collins_director_of_the_national/

neweimear

Did he give any hopeful response or just the same ol dribble...sorry can't read through it all. Just wondering if anything hopeful said?