Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Red, Orange and Green wristbands- useful?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by hellytheelephant, Apr 8, 2017.

1. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member

S W England
    Hi
    I just wondered if anyone has used these
    http://stickmancommunications.co.uk/Today-is-wristbands-set

Potential uses I am thinking of:

Showing partners/colleagues/people you meet what kind of day it is without getting into a heavy conversation.

But also: As an aid to pacing,to remind yourself not to overdo it.

Thoughts?

PatJ, Plum, mango and 3 others like this.
  2. lemonworld

lemonworld

Norway
    I think this could be really useful.

When I have a really bad day I'm too tired to even say I have a bad day. My familiy still can't tell by looking at me what kind of day I'm having, and sometimes it can be so overwhelming when they try to talk to me when I can't think at all. And then I feel so guilty for not being able to listen, and not even being able to explain in a good way how I'm feeling. And then the emotional stress of that takes a lot out of me.

There are no green days here though :ill:

PatJ, Plum, erin and 1 other person like this.
  3. hellytheelephant

S W England
    @lemonworld - I was thinking the same re the green days!:ill:

Plum, mango and lemonworld like this.
  4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

Im not sure it would get the right message over for me because on my best days Im still struggling

with a green band people might think Im not having any issues at all

hellytheelephant likes this.
  5. hellytheelephant

S W England
    It would be better if the green band was green with amber and red pattern- ie. it seems like a good day, but I still have a serious illness I need to respect.

lemonworld and Plum like this.
  6. Revel

Revel Senior Member

I don't think that my family would be so observant as to notice the colour of a wrist band.

My (unintentional) system is a little more "in your face":

If I have managed to dress in "big girl" clothes by mid-morning, then I am functioning at a level that can cope with normal communication, etc.

If I am wearing last night's PJs/onesie, then I am feeling fragile and am struggling.

However, if I am still wearing yesterday's big girl clothes, this means that I am in a PEM flare, am flaked out on the couch and wasn't able to even change into PJs the previous night, let alone get dressed again this morning.

Of course, you need a family member who actually realises that you haven't changed your clothes in several days . . . which, in my household, is where my system falls apart o_O.

See more popular forum discussions.