• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

RECOVERY REGISTRY

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Whooped by a punching bag.
Good sense of humor there, beaverfury :)

I've detected two signs that tell me to take it easy or I'll get noticeable DOMs from minimal exertion: sneezing (even once), and burning eyes. The immune activation from an everyday cold is something I just have to ride out. That's when I can sympathize with the idea of any exercise being counterproductive. This happened just last Tuesday, but by Thursday I was my usual self again and I think sleeping 9-10 hours after the bad day helped a lot.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
It requires a lot of awareness of your body, superceding the instinct to tune out the areas that are screaming at you so that you can figure out what's needed for it.

that's a key, but I'd minimize talk of so-called "cranial osteopathy", as that just points to a strong psychosomatic component with a bad connotation

Dainty

that's a key, but I'd minimize talk of so-called "cranial osteopathy", as that just points to a strong psychosomatic component with a bad connotation

I addressed that quite thoroughly in these two posts.

Cranial osteopathy is an advanced tecnique of osteopathic manual medicine practiced by feeling the cranial rhythm - a scientifically confirmed and objectively measurable "pulse" emanating from the spinal cord and reverberating throughout all tissues that is separate from any other rhythmic mechanism of the body.

The concept of cranial osteopathy is easily understood with the illustration of an arm that has been badly injured and doctors feel for a pulse in the wrist to see if there is major structural interference with blood flow to the hand. The cranial rhythm is more subtle than a pulse, but the exact same concept is used to detect structural problems: if there is a part of the body lacking this undulating rhythm, then they know there is structural interference between point A and point B and may then go out in search of it. This makes cranial osteopathy far more advanced in diagnostics than other methods of structural assessment which rely solely on a preconceived understanding of where everything ought to go and what is within so-called "normal paramaters".

Hip

In case you missed it, there is an interesting recovery story here — a ME/CFS recovery simply precipitated by a change in location to a warmer, sunnier country.