• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recovering from anesthesia and surgery

rosie26

Hi @Misfit Toy for your entertainment (and comic relief)here is the video of 2 sisters just recoverimg from wisdom teeth extractions, and 2very different reactions from general anesthesia :lol:

@Misfit Toy, I hope you are feeling better soon and the days hurry by quickly for you.:bouquet:

@Kati, that video had me laughing quite loud this morning, I think my neighbours would have heard me too - they were all still in bed. :D Not much fun getting the wisdom teeth out, especially the bottom ones.

Ruthie24

So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.

I also have had depression following surgery. Can't blame it on opioids as I didn't take them. I have read some articles on "inflammatory depression" however and I wonder if it is what has caused my problems in the past. It seems that the only times I've had depression have been around the time of surgery or other major changes in medical condition that go along with an inflammatory state.

Whatever the cause, I hope you find some relief soon. So frustrating when the very things that would normally be helpful in this situation, make us worse. Things like exercise, sweets, chocolate, getting out and busy to distract yourself, even alcohol....all things that can be used by others to help them in this situation make many of us worse.,,, which I find just adds to the depression and frustration.

Sending hugs your way.:hug: