• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recordings available for Hove (UK) October 2014 conference "ME research & practice"

Dolphin

The Sussex & Kent ME/CFS Society and AYME have supported the NICE guidelines (CBT, GET and little else) so who knows what sort of things were said.

Here is a message about the conference
Our SE conference: M.E. research and practice
12 August 2014

Action for M.E., the Association for Young People with M.E. (AYME) and the Sussex & Kent M.E./CFS Society will host a conference for patients, carers, health and social care professionals and policy-makers in Hove in October.

The programme opens with refreshments and a welcome from Caroline Lucas MP, followed by presentations from Dr Gabrielle Murphy, lead physician at the Royal Free M.E./CFS service, and M.E. consultant Dr Keith Hine, who will talk about their clinical experience of the condition.

After the break, health researcher Dr Zoe Gotts, based at the Northumbria Centre for Sleep Research, will talk about her work including sleep-specific phenotypes in patients with M.E./CFS.

To close the conference the CEOs of Action for M.E. and AYME, Sonya Chowdhury and Mary-Jane Willows will give updates on other new M.E. research, fresh from the UK CFS/M.E. Research Collaborative conference the previous month.

M.E. research and practice takes place at Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove BN3 4AH, Tuesday 7 October, 1pm to 4.30pm. Tickets cost £5, including refreshments, and are available from Sussex & Kent M.E./CFS Society, PO Box 309, Brighton BN50 9FR. Tel: 01273 674828
http://www.actionforme.org.uk/get-i...ur-se-conference-me-research-and-practice.pdf

The following talks can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42_Y8tjFhBbR1zpnmJsGBg/feed

Sonya Chowhury and Mary-Jane Willows - M.E. Research and Practice

Sonya Chowdhury of Action for M.E. and Mary-Jane Willows of the Association of Young People With M.E. speaking about M.E. at the M.E. Research and Practice conference at Hove Town hall on 7 October...

Sonya Chowdhury and Mary-Jane Willows - M.E. Research and Practice

Sonya CHowdhury of Action for M.E. and Mary-Jane Willows of the Association of Young People With M.E. speak about the work done by their two charities at the M.E. Research and Practice conference a...

Dr Zoe Gotts - M.E. Research and Practice

Dr Zoe Gotts speaks about her research at the M.E. Research and Practice conference at Hove Town hall on 7 October 2014.

Dr Gabrielle Murphy - M.E. Research and Practice

Dr Gabrielle Murphy speaks about M.E. at the M.E. Research and Practice conference at Hove Town hall on 7 October 2014.

Dr Keith Hine - M.E. Research and Practice

Dr Keith Hine speaks at the M.E. Research and Practice conference at Hove Town hall on 7 October 2014.