1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Recording of Dr Barry Durrant Peatfield's talk on role of thyroid & adrenal systems in ME/CFS (2012)

Discussion in 'Thyroid Dysfunction' started by Dolphin, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

2. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Listened to the last part of it. I don't buy it. The high adrenaline phenomenon is genetic and due to a double expression of the angiotensin converting enzyme gene. I can take 10 times a physiological course of hydrocortisone and still feel insane amounts of adrenaline rushing through me. There is truth to a lot of what he is saying - but I think the adrenal insufficiency that develops is a result of that gene. Interesting how he thinks cortisol deficiency causes bad flora to flourish.

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Interesting Dolphin, it will take some time to relisten and take in. But thinking back over my 12 years I am reminded how useless my GP(s) have been and perhaps should go back to medical schools.

4. cb2

cb2

i love what he is saying..having a hard time hearing the questions though..

See more popular forum discussions.