• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recommended supplement brands with low/no fillers

hixxy

I'm just curious of what supplement brands people have found that have low or no fillers at all.

The only brands I've come across in my travels so far are:

Metabolic Maintenance
Pure Encapsulations

Are there any more out there comparable or better?

hixxy

Thorne Research might qualify for "low fillers". I see silicone dioxide on my bottle, but that is better than most have.

taniaaust1

I think everything has fillers.. as other wise the dose of things would be tiny and not able to be measured as far as most things go.

If you react to most fillers and after a magnesium supplement.. I suggest to try Thompson's Organic Magnesium. (I reacted to another brand of magnesium but have no bad reaction on this one). This magnesium is a "low allergy formulation" and "has no sugar, starch, wheat, salt, corn, milk, yeast, nuts, glutens, artifical colouring or preservatives".

Bad reactions of pills can also be caused by the colourings or preservatives used and the binding agents used in tablets (in which case powders may be better). Take care that artifical sweeteners arent in the supplements one takes too.

hixxy

Just found another brand Paradise Herbs:

http://www.iherb.com/Paradise-Herbs

Every supplement I've looked at contains no fillers at all and is in a vegetable capsule.

tania I don't buy any Australian supplements at all as they don't list full ingredients. Doing a list of "no this and that" isn't good enough. I want to know everything that goes into a supplement.