• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recommended brands of vitamins in the UK please?

Seadragon

Hi,

The immunologist I see has recommended Vit C at 1g a day (I have repeated and chronic viral infections) but even 500mg sometimes causes me to have a stomach upset due to bowel inflammation and a sensitive stomach all round.

Can anyone recommend what type of vit C I can take that would be OK for a sensitive stomach? Any brands people find that are good but NOT too expensive?

He also recommended Vit D (cholocalciferol form) as my vit D levels were on the low side despite having recently returned from a very hot and sunny beach vacation abroad! - again any recommended not too pricey brands?

Finally where are people sourcing B12 in the UK and what brands are people using now? I'm a bit wary of Amazon for B12 these days in case of storage issues eg getting too hot etc!

Thanks,

Bunchy x

Critterina

Liposomal vitamin C is the better quality and I don't think I know of anyone who gets tummy troubles with it, but it's pricey. Have you thought of getting a smaller dose or breaking the pills apart and just taking it more often to get your daily total?

ukxmrv

I can tolerate Ester type Vitamin C without the stomach aches. Had terrible problems previously and could never tolerate it. Can now take 2-3 grams easily.

Started with the Solgar Brand from the Nutricentre (25% discount if you belong to some of the charities and groups).

http://www.nutricentre.com/p-54696-ester-c-1000mg.aspx?gclid=CKesjcSBh8ACFfOhtAodeEMAaQ

The Nutricentre also have B12's but I am still experimenting and am not confident on brands as yet.

( I have no financial interest in the Nutricentre BTW)

Good luck.

Seadragon

Thanks :) Good idea to break it up and take it in smaller chunks during the day. I will try the Solgar Ester C since that is the one I was considering anyway!

Bunchy