1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Recommendations disappear from CFSAC website

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Andrew, May 14, 2014.

1. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    As some of you know, the HHS has been misrepresenting the May 2013 recommendation from the CFSAC regarding a workshop for the redefinition of ME/CFS. When they did this, I was able to send a link for the real recommendation to whichever congressional representative the HHS had misled. I was wondering if/when this link would "mysteriously" disappear from the web site so I could no longer expose their lack of truthfulness. As it happens, I was writing a letter today and double checked the link. It's gone.

Here's the link: http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/recommendations/cfsac-recs513.pdf.
    Here the CFSAC web page that should link to it: http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/meetings/index.html

Look at the entry for May 2013. The link to recommendations is a dead link (where it says PDF).

Because I expected this to happen, I downloaded a copy some time ago (see attached). But this does me little good, because I have no proof it is the real thing. In the past I could provide a link to the HHS site and people could see the truth. Now I cannot.

If you notice the link reappear, please let me now. I will compare the PDF it links to with the genuine copy I have on fie.

Attached Files:

2. Denise

Denise Senior Member

Some of the CFSAC pages have been archived. The page you referenced is here:

https://wayback.archive-it.org/3919...v/advcomcfs/recommendations/cfsac-recs513.pdf
    taniaaust1 and Esther12 like this.
  3. Denise

Denise Senior Member

Andrew, I wonder if the recommendation you are referring to is

CFSAC Recommendations – October 3-4, 2012

CFSAC voted upon and agreed for the following recommendations be forwarded to the Assistant Secretary for Health and the Secretary:

1. Clinical

CFSAC recommends that you will promptly convene (by 12/31/12 or as soon as possible thereafter) at least one stakeholders’ (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)experts, patients, advocates) workshop in consultation with CFSAC members to reach a consensus for a case definition useful for research, diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS beginning with the 2003 Canadian Consensus Definition for discussion purposes.

http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/recommendations/10032012.html
  4. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks, Denise. It appears to be in both. And from looking over the one from May, it appears to actually be a list of highest recommendations that reiterate earlier recommendations. Take a look in the one from May. It has earlier dates after most of the recommendations.
  5. Denise

Denise Senior Member

The Highest Priority Recommendations list was voted upon at last May's meeting. As you noticed, it is a compilation of previous recommendations that CFSAC considered to be the highest priorities. When the recommendations appeared more than once, the dates of each recommendation are included.
  6. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

THanks, Denise
    Any idea why the compiled list was archived? It's only a year old so I wouldnt think it's because it's old
  7. Denise

Denise Senior Member

Like you, I was surprised that this was archived because it is less than a year old.
    The archiving seems to be happening in general to bits and pieces of the CFSAC site.

See more popular forum discussions.