Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Recommendation for a multivitamin containing methylfolate?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Carola, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Carola

Carola

I'd like to switch from a multivitamin containing folic acid to one that contains methylfolate but am not sure which brands are reliable. Can anyone offer an opinion on Seeking Health, Life Extension, and/or Doctor's Best? I've recently been diagnosed as having one copy of the C677T mutation. Thanks for any advice.

2. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    AOR has a good one.

3. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie

USA
    I currently take Jarrow B-right - very affordable and solid.

Doctor's Best Multiple is very high dose B-vitamins and mineral at the full dose (3 caps) but 1 is enough for many.

4. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

5. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    PeterPositive likes this.
  6. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

The Pure Encapsulations brand has a multi-vitamin with Methyl Folate.

7. Carola

Carola

I appreciate the responses!
    @helen1 , AOR is a brand I'd never heard of, so thank you for that reference.
    @acer2000, I was familiar with Pure Encapsulations as a brand but had missed their multivitamin array; I see they offer several different formulations, which I will look at more closely.
    @Sherpa, @PeterPositive, @ahmo - I was interested to see that you all recommend a B-complex. Does this mean that you don't take a "regular" multivitamin (I mean, with vitamins A, C, D, E, etc., and the usual mineral line-up)?

Since I've been trying to learn about methylation, I realize that I'm not well informed about the proper dosages of B-vitamins apart from B!2 (other than having vaguely heard that one shouldn't have "too much" B6).

Your responses lead me to two more questions, if you have time...
    One of the multi options includes NAC: is that good for methylation or not?
    If just starting out on the methylation "journey," is it better to start with Metafolin than Quatrefolic?

8. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I take D, E, K separately, eat my vit A; take minerals separately. NAC doesn't work for me.

these are the same.

In my signature are links to several documents re Fredd's Protocol. The first is the briefest. You'll find info re Vitamins, etc. there.

9. Carola

Carola

Thank you, @ahmo, I'll explore those documents. I'm very grateful for the resources on this forum.

10. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I do as @ahmo does.

11. garyfritz

garyfritz Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.