• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Really Sore Swollen Lymph Glands Underarms

me2

I have had swollen lymph glands in my neck for years but the ones under my arms are less frequent. Lately, they have been sore in both armpits and it is starting to make me a bit worried. Anyone else have these for weeks on end? Is there anything to ease the soreness? Also, I have had a cold sore on my lips and a cyst/acne type swelling to the right of and below my mouth. Is the cyst possibly a type of herpes, too? I have chronic HHV6 and EBV. Thanks for any thoughts.

Daffodil

hi me2. i was told that herpes sores do not usually produce pus....

maybe you should have some immune function testing to see how your immune system is doing.

xoxoxo

ukxmrv

I've had sore throats and sore glands in various parts of my body for nearly 30 years. Original viral symptoms were acute. Valtrex and Imunovir have helped me to bring done the intensity and frequency of these.

hurtingallthetimet

hello my lymphnodes in neck stay swollen and throat stays sore also underarms lymphnodes swollen one side worse than other, been told it is from the fibro/cfs...sometimes when they swell really bad and get red and hurt i am given anitibiotics..this happens quit a bit..
you should if you havent ask yuour doctor and see if they can give you antibiotic it always helps me
hope you feel better

me2

Thank you both. I am on Imunovir and Famvir, but I have had a sinus infection (seems like I am prone to them). Maybe the sinus infection with all the other viral stuff we ME folks have is overloading my glands? Guess the cyst thing is just an infected pore. I get the weirdest symptoms! Feel like I belong in Ripley's sometimes - lol Do you think the swollen glands under the arms could be related to any breast issues? I keep thinking maybe I need a mammogram but I really hate to "worry" myself into a mammogram - Ugh! What do you think?

ukxmrv

I get the sinus infections as well so totally sympathise. Also the cyst type infected pores. I've shown my doctor one of the underarm lumps and yes, she did send me off for a mammogram and then the lump was cut out and tested. It was fine. Now though I have a scar has never settles down and throbs and becomes redder / painful when the rest of the glands play up. I won't be doing that again...