Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

reality television show 24 CFS/ME patients move out to desert

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by antares4141, Oct 17, 2017.

1. pibee

pibee Senior Member

cant read all now, but i am willing to move to a desert for this :) so great idea !!

But I'm not USA citizen so I can be only 90 days, before I need to go to Costa Rica (or wherever?) and re-enter the States again

2. antares4141

antares4141 Senior Member

Truth or consequences, nm
    Thanks pibee! I know foreigners get green cards for extended stays if they have work don't they? Wonder if the same could be done for health reasons? I would definitely like to have foreigners so that people would see this illness, just like any other is an international problem.

pattismith, SueJohnPat and pibee like this.
  3. pibee

pibee Senior Member

I am not sure I can get a ' medical' visa, for going to a desert :D

i actually heard m.visa is harder to get than tourist

well frankly 90 days of desert should prove something to me, if i dont get better i'll just leave.

hope you get 25 people or how many you search, would be cool experience

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    SueJohnPat and antares4141 like this.
  4. antares4141

Me too! I think environmental exposure (mold chemicals) is a big piece of the cfs puzzle and would like to make it so that this component can no longer be denied by science.

pattismith, SueJohnPat and helen1 like this.
  5. SueJohnPat

SueJohnPat Sue

Medford NJ
    I like the campground idea. I have slept outside 2 nights in a row now .Last night was tough.
    We are moving further away from Philadelphia in 6 days. Wharton State forest is open for camping but there is no one there now and I would be afraid to be in the campground by myself.

I camp in my Dad,s yard. I think my extended family thinks I am nuts but to my face they are polite anyway.
    I love the idea of a reality show because you have to see this over multiple days to understand this disease.
    This is very isolating.
    My husband is in a severe bout with depression so I feel I can’t leave to go out west for awhile right now. I am trying to convince him to take 3 months off and go with me. The mold affected me and my son and I think it affected him but he does not believe me. He won’t go to any doctor except a psychiatrist and does not believe in alertnative medicine at all but at least he is taking the supplements I am giving him.

I agree this has got to be studied . My son has Aspergers, my husbands brother is 56 and has dementia. It is very hard to talk to anyone about this without coming across as a conspiracy theorist . Science needs to back this up. I think the approach is to come up with some miracle pharmaceutical ( and make big bucks) to counteract the envioromental pollution instead of admitting it is a problem and having it cost too much money to correct.

It was really cold out last night by my cfs symptoms really improve greatly if I am outside. Out new home has a shed , I am getting a portable heater and will sleep out there if I have to. Maybe we could form a group and meetup out in the desert for a month or so in the winter. The thought of being on my own away from my family camping is a little daunting. The zoning requirements might make a “ campground “ a little easier.

pattismith likes this.
  6. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    What are you planning for food ( since you need like organic and food/ fresh food to remove any other factor to the equation.

7. antares4141

When I slept outdoors I always went to bed with a hooded sweater so I could keep my head warm. Sorry you have to go through this. It does suck pretty bad. It's a pretty hopeless situation for most of us. That's why I would like to make this thing happen. To bring attention to our plight, with the hope that me might actually get a decent amount of money to put into researching this condition.

SueJohnPat likes this.
  8. E.man

E.man

Bega Valley , Australia
    Not going to make for good tv . Bunch of people laying around suffering.

See more popular forum discussions.