• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Yolanda Foster Battling Lyme disease

Ecoclimber

"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Yolanda Foster spoke up about her struggle with Lyme disease in a new blog post on BravoTV.com. She used to post regularly on the site, but started this letter with an apology to fans: "I would like to apologize for my lousy participation in the blogging department at the moment. Although writing is usually my favorite thing to do, I unfortunately have lost the ability to do so in an intelligent matter at this time."

She then described her struggle to do everyday tasks: "I have lost the ability to read, write, or even watch TV, because I can't process information or any stimulation for that matter. It feels like someone came in and confiscated my brain and tied my hands behind my back to just watch and see life go by without me participating in it."

Yolanda Foster in her own words

Martial

She has been suffering from this for at least over a year now. I remember reading she got about sixty percent more well but then recently relapsed into her current state. It is strange because her energy and other functioning is pretty high and she was doing trips with family and film crews all the way out to even Holland. Hope she gets well soon again, goes to prove that recovery is not completely dependent on how much money you have as well.

beaverfury

beaverfury
It was reported that she had stem cell treatment in South Korea Dec 2014. I wonder how that is affecting her.

I have been hoping that stem cell therapy, in one form or another, would save us. Doesn't seem so, in it's current applications.

Wally

@Ecoclimber. I am not sure if you have already seen the videos I have attached below where Yolanda Foster discusses her battle with Lyme Disease? If not, I thought you (or others reading this thread) might be interested in some additional background information about this "celebrity's" struggle with Lyme Disease, as well as some information about her husband, David Foster, who is well known in the music industry.

Here is a video of Yolanda Foster giving a speech (April 2013) at a Lyme Gala Fundraiser. (Note - this video has also been posted on these two threads - 1) http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/yolanda-fosters-lyme-speech.22735/ and 2) http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-fosters-experience-with-lyme-lra-gala.34111/.
She talks about being diagnosed with CFS and then traveling to Belgium to see Professor Dr. Kenny DeMeileir who diagnosed her with "Chronic Lyme Neuro Borrelias and a handful of co-infections". In the video at minute mark 4:35 to 7:30 is where she discusses her CFS diagnosis and then her subsequent Lyme Disease diagnosis.

Yolanda Foster is married to David Foster who is a well known songwriter, composer, and record producer. See, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Foster and http://www.davidfoster.com/

Some additional information about Yolanda Foster and her health struggles and her involvement with Lyme Disease Advocacy can be found at http://whatislyme.com/yolanda-foster-timeline-with-lyme-disease/ and in the following videos.
January 20, 2015
February 2014
January 2014

October 2013 - Note at the 0.5 minute mark the interview switches to english.

Last edited:

Wally

@Sushi, @justy, @Thinktank,

I just edited my post (Reply #4) to note that the last video (October 2013 interview) switches to English at the 0.5 minute mark. Not sure if you tried to view the last video, but since you liked this post I wanted to be sure that you knew the interview switches from Dutch to English right after the interview begins.

It is strange because her energy and other functioning is pretty high and she was doing trips with family and film crews all the way out to even Holland.
Her doctor is KDM, so it's expected that she'd be flying to the Netherlands, especially since her family and probably some friends are in the area.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
She's been to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore Jan 2015 for some pricey IV treatment, doesn't say what it was though. I agree @Helen , sad that she's ill but it does bring Lyme to the attention of a lot more people than otherwise would be interested.

vortex

stem cell in south korea and then singapore for same thing or different thing ?
sounds like she has gotten worse from one or both of these treatments.