1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Readability - web tool

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by blackbird, Dec 13, 2009.

1. blackbird

blackbird caged.

UK
    I've mentioned this before I think, but only in connection with specif articles linked to by others.

It's a little add-on that turns web pages into something that looks more like a word processor document.

http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

You may need to adjust which toolbars you can see on your browser to allow you to add it.

With some of the large articles linked to from here, and on the odd occasion the terrible choice of colours on some websites, I've found it makes things much more comfortable at times.

(I think it must go for the biggest chunk of text on a page, so it doesn't always work as you'd like, but still very useful).

2. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    blackbird -- thanks so much for showing us this.

tee

3. mezombie

mezombie Senior Member

East Coast city, USA
    Thanks for the link!

I will try this sometime (though my computer is struggling, and so am I).:eek:

4. blackbird

blackbird caged.

UK
    No problem.

Forgot to mention, it works on firefox, opera and safari (Windows), but I couldn't get iexplorer to recognise it.
    I don't use iexplorer though, so I may be missing something.

See more popular forum discussions.