1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

reactive hypoglycemia -- causes and treatments?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by sensing progress, May 31, 2010.

1. Tulip

Tulip Guest

I did, it started 2 years before I got ME.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I've had fructose problems since my early teens I think. Definitely before I was 20.

3. k-AUS

k-AUS

australia
    I find this brekky works for me, different things will work for others. My issues are with fructose, dairy (I have a problem with the protein, so have rice milk and goats milk), I also react to eggs. I found this breakky not only helped with the hypoglycaemia but also gut and bowel function.

4. k-AUS

k-AUS

australia
    By the way, I have had food intolerances since birth. As a child dairy gave me reflux and ezema and middle ear issues ( which they now think may be linked to food probs). In my early 20's I began to have issues with bloating and stomach pain ect... 4 yrs ago I tested +ve for fructose mal. In last 2 yrs eggs have been problematic.

5. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

k=aust...so what do you eat?

6. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    I noticed in this thread lipoic acid was mentioned as one of the supplements that may help with blood sugar problems. Is lipoic acid the same as alpha lipoic acid and if so, is alpah lipoic acid not recommended if you feel you may have a mercury problem? THanks in advance

7. k-AUS

k-AUS

australia
    i follow a low fructose diet, have goats milk and rice milk (and their cheeses aswell). I avoid eating whole eggs but can tolerate small amts of egg in foods.

Sue Shepherd an Australian dietitian has several cookbooks out - worthwhile googling her regarding food intolerances. I found being very strict with my diet for two years has significantly improved my gut - now I can eat small amounts of problematic foods without too many discomforts. At one stage my gut was so sensitive it bloated even with a glass of water.

8. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

k-aust: thanks, i will check her out.

9. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, anniekim.

Yes, lipoic acid is generically the same as alpha lipoic acid. Actually, R-lipoic acid is also available. It's the type the body actually uses. Alpha lipoic acid contains both R-lipoic and L-lipoic in equal amounts, and the latter is not used by the body.

If there is a high body burden of mercury, according to Andy Cutler, it's important to take alpha lipoic acid every three hours in order to keep its concentration up in the blood. Otherwise, according to him, it can redistribute mercury rather than take it out of the body.

Rich

See more popular forum discussions.