Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reactive Arthritis triggered by supplemental Collagen, but not Glycine

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by wookielove, Jun 29, 2017.

1. wookielove

wookielove

I'm searching for a way to identify which particular protein/molecule in beef collagen triggers my reactive arthritis. After getting baselined, I found a lot of improvement with glycine. As glycine is one of the major building blocks of collagen (mine is visibly impaired), I tried beef collagen, which triggers my reactive arthritis.

I'm searching for a way to identify which particular beef collagen protein/molecule could be triggering my RA. I used bulletproof brand, which is pure beef collagen. I will try other sources (chicken, fish) but not until this current inflammation cycle abates.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. echobravo

echobravo Keep searching, the answer is out there

Norway
    Sounds like a good idea to try a marine source of collagen. If the beef collagen is not from grass fed cattle, suspect they have been fed soy/corn resulting in residues of lectins, roundup in the meat. According to Dr. Gundry - "The Plant Paradox" book - these are all autoimmune ttriggers. He actually recommends marine collagen, "Vital .." smthn..check iHerb.

3. wookielove

wookielove

That may be, but this is a separate issue. My reactive arthritis is a connective tissue disorder where the body attacks the tendons in locations that attach to the bone. If I can trigger it with collagen, then I want to find the exact protein that causes it. If Crispr advances as I think it will, there will be an opportunity to address the single protein issue.

See more popular forum discussions.