Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

reactions to treatment

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by sickly, Apr 20, 2015.

1. sickly

sickly

Hi everyone,

I have had CFS now for 12 years. I am meant to start methylation treatment. Very gradually. I have double mutation I'm told. And am to start on low dose folinic acid 400m a day. I've done it a wk and am itching, scratchy especially on face and more pimples. Same thing happened last year. Any advice? Thanks.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

@sickly - Which mutations do you have?

If it's making you feel bad, it might be a good idea to stop taking the folinic acid and talk to your doctor about your side-effects.

3. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Do you have Histamine issues or mast cell activation? Folic acid can RAISE histamines levels so may be pushing your too high and causing the itching etc - just a suggestion that you could consider.

4. sickly

sickly

Thank you both foreign your replies. I do have trouble with histamine. I get very red cheeks and burning hot red ears, it's looks ridiculous. I m guessing some mast cell involvement. Meantime, I ll cut dose right down an see. I just wondered if what I experienced was common.

See more popular forum discussions.