1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reaction to Claritin...thoughts please.

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by Mindy, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Mindy

Mindy

I think I have high histamine, so I tried a small amount of Claritin yesterday, and I think it helped with the breathing symptoms and weird head feelings from what I think.

However, I must also have a new chemical sensitivity b/c I've been reacting to everything over the past month or so. While the Claritin helped with some symptoms, it increased the head pressure that I think is from chemical toxicity, so I stopped it. Now I'm a mess today, feeling weird in the head, a little dizzy and breathing difficulty.

I also tried a small amount of Daosin today (1st time) and took liver supp, vit C, mag/cal - just a little of each. And it feels like I've overwhemled my system or something.

Anyone ever experienced chemical sensitivity? I don't know what to do here. Help please. I could only sleep 3 hours last night and left work today. (I never missed work prior to this issue over the past few wks).
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Hi mindy,

Sorry to hear you're feeling puny.

It's hard to say what caused this since you only
    tried a little Claritin once. I typically try something
    3 or more times by itself and watch for reactions.

You could also be intolerant to Claritin. If I remember
    correctly, this med is typically made with lactose.

Zyrtec is a popular first time mast cell medication.

I found that children's dye free benadryl worked
    great for my breathing problems. Take a little
    and see how you do.

Also dietary restrictions are the first and foremost
    treatments for allergies. I'm intolerant to most
    accepted foods on the low histamine diet but
    by avoiding my biggest triggers, gluten dairy, soy
    corn and chemicals I get by.

tc ... x
    camas and merylg like this.

See more popular forum discussions.