Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Reaching a Theta->Delta meditative state to aid relaxation?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Bansaw, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Long time ago I was able to reach what you would call a "meditative" state (what I would call a prayerful state) in which means that your brain moves into producing Theta waves, then Delta waves.
    I then suffered post traumatic stress disorder and find this state pretty impossible to get to now.

Are there any supplements or things I can try to enable my body to once again reach this Theta,Delta state?
    I think it would greatly help me in my recovery from CFS. I have tried many times but my brain seems just too active. After 40 mins of directed relaxation, I can get down to a relaxed state but nowhere near what I was able to achieve before.

Any comments?

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Have you tried Holosync? I think they have a free demo. The theory is that their (used to be a CD) recording takes you from Beta to Alpha, to Theta to Delta. (not sure if I have the order correct) I do find it relaxing.

See more popular forum discussions.