The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Re: Serialisation of Kay's book, "One last goodbye" (Daily Mail, 21 April 2011)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by drjohn, Apr 21, 2011.

1. drjohn

drjohn Senior Member

Re: Serialisation of Kay Gilderdale's book, "One last goodbye" (Daily Mail, 21 April 2011)

To read a letter from Dr John Greensmith
    click http://mefreeforall.org/wp/re-seria...ok-one-last-goodbye-daily-mail-21-april-2011/

Any letters in response should be sent to e-mail address
    letters@dailymail.co.uk

There has been a very good response to comments under the two instalments online but, to achieve our aim of the Daily Mail responding to my appeal to do a letters special with particular emphasis on M.E. rather than assisted suicide, which was Lynn's wish and what Kay works so tirelessly for, may I urge a flood of letters to the e-mail address above.

Follow us on Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/MeFreeForAllOrg

Cheers
    John
    drjohngreensmith@mefreeforall.org
    Dr John H Greensmith
    ME Free For All. org

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Great idea, John. How about starting a new thread with the same message but in the "Action, Alerts, Advocacy" subforum and a call-to-action title such as "Help pressure Daily Mail to do ME special on Gilderdale case"?

Could you explain what a letters special is? I don't read the Daily Mail.

Should the emails that people send be ready for publication (i.e. making a case for research into ME, talking about its severity/underfunding) or should they just be asking for a letters special on ME because its a topic that desperately needs to be covered?

3. drjohn

drjohn Senior Member

Hi Sasha, Thanks for your encouragement and enthusiasm. I might just do that. A letters special is simply when they make a big splash on one subject - sometimes take the whole page - and it ususally follows up and article or feature. For example, they did a letters special on the Lightning Process, with 11 letters. It also gives an oportunity to publish a range of opinions.

See more popular forum discussions.