1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

RBC Folate Test?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Ema, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Is there any point to an RBC folate test?

lnester7 likes this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I think if it is high, it indicates that you are not utilizing folic acid. You might want to ask your dr. or someone to be sure.

3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Ema,

Would it stop you from trialing l-methylfolate, or whatever, to see if it makes a difference for you? The tests are not particularly good predictors of lack of benefits. Perhaps it has a use if it can detect paradoxical folate deficiency. However, it still may not be a good predictor of lack of benefits, of "full adequacy". For myself, to achieve and maintain healing I had to keep working on "the next thing" and had to adjust doses of other vitamins via titration. If you have been reading about too much B1, B2, B3 you can see the reasons to titrate. AdoCbl/MeCbl and l-methylfolate especially, needs to be titrated for effectiveness, as it's effectiveness appears in about 5 distinct levels or more so that some layers are have relative sufficiency and others have insufficiencies. That can happen with any folates that work for a person, a mix of sufficiency and insufficiency, and very paradoxical symptoms and tests. This is one of the things that makes folates a complicating factor.

See more popular forum discussions.