• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Raw eggs.

Fuzzyhead

I read about eating raw eggs and membrane and even 1 shell being a really good immune booster. I started them 2 weeks ago but began getting a pain in my left under my boob that radiates into my back. I have stopped the eggs but this hasn't gone. My left shoulder aches all day, sweating at night. It feels like something's inflamed inside. Anyone any ideas if it could be detox or spleen etc?

Carl

Food poisoning? Some eggs are infected by bacteria such as salmonella. Cooking usually destroys any bacteria but eating them raw will not have any sterilizing effect.

It could also be an autoimmune reaction. The immune system regulation in the spleen is frequently compromised in many people.

In future do not follow bad advice you read on the internet.

alicec

Egg white is rich in the protein avidin which binds virtually irreversibly to biotin. Cooking denatures avidin but regular consumption of raw egg white will create biotin deficiency.