1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rare Sharing of Data Leads to Progress on Alzheimers

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Rafael, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
    Here's the link to an August 12th NY Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/13/health/research/13alzheimer.html?_r=1&ref=global-home

Describes a model way of scientific collaboration that seems to be everything PWME could wish for.

Its not science the way most of us have practiced it in our careers. But we all realized that we would never get biomarkers unless all of us parked our egos and intellectual-property noses outside the door and agreed that all of our data would be public immediately.

The good news is that it was the FDA and NIH who were key players in making this work.

"The idea for the collaboration...emerged about 10 years ago during a casual conversation in a car."

Please be a ME/CFS car out there somewhere.
  2. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

I thought this article offered hope for us too Rafael. I believe Cort and the Patient Advocate both saw the similarities & potential and wrote on this (but neither article is showing right now - hopefully tomorrow).

See more popular forum discussions.