Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rare neurological disorder-(KLS) Kleine-Levin Syndrome

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by *GG*, Feb 26, 2012.

1. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Interesting gg - it does look so familiar and one can well understand any anger too. As far as I know the thalamus/hypothalamus function is involved in ME. I get so annoyed at the interventions of the "behaviourists" and hoping her scans will help with treatments now. There is a thread (ongoing) into spinal fluid/MRI analyses being done - hoping this will throw up answers. (I did think narcolepsy at one stage but dismissed as feeling so ill).

I do feel bound to ask isn't KLS ME - most certainly a lot in common whatever.

3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I read about this recently. Often a viral trigger, etc... I'm sure that there are enough similarities to mean that KLS patients could get lumped in with some definitions of CFS, but it also seems distinct enough for them to be able to escape such a fate.

It sounds like a really confusing condition to live with, but also seems that they've been able to escape the attention of the quacks because it's so rare.

See more popular forum discussions.