1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Two: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 21 March 2014
Searcher kicks us off on Day Two, with an autoimmunity overview, then we are into immunology and cytokines, we hear from Susan Levine and the allergy-related signatures study done with Lipkin et. al, a talk about paravirus B-19, Mady Hornig from CFI with more research, John Chia who...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rare alleles

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by bel canto, Jan 9, 2014.

1. bel canto

bel canto Senior Member

@Valentijn

Have you looked at the total numbers of rare alleles - 1% and 10% - of our participants here compared to a control group?

It would be interesting to know if our group carries a more significant genetic burden of rare alleles.

Of course, it's very possible that the overall numbers of mutations are similar, but the composition is quite different, with significantly different effects.

Just curious!
    SOC and Valentijn like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    That would be interesting, but would take a bit of time ... I might give it a try when I finish up with a couple genes I'm looking at currently :D
    SOC likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.