Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rapid reversal of severe lactic acidosis after thiamine administration in critically ill adults: a r

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Gondwanaland, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

2. mgk

mgk Senior Member

Also interesting that thiamine is one of the main components of the so-called "Banana Bag":

helen1 and Gondwanaland like this.
  3. learning

learning

this is an interesting topic that i feel needs to be looked into. does this mean that people who have trouble getting rid of excess lactic acid may be deficient in vitamin B1?

4. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Yes but keep in mind that

helen1 likes this.
  5. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Geez. Folate and B2 lower sodium? And here I am constantly trying to keep fluids in my body while taking folate and B2. Oh right it's the acu-cell website that makes my head spin.

MeSci and Gondwanaland like this.
  6. silverseas2014

silverseas2014

Southwest
    I've found Thiamine critical to my health (and in conjunction with the DQ). I take three kinds: thiamine, benfotiamine, and sulbutiamine.

junkcrap50 likes this.
  7. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

@silverseas2014, may I ask how much total thiamine (sum of all forms) you take? And what kind of symptoms you tended to have when you were low on B1, before supplementing resolved it? I am finding I need B1 too to help with Freddd's DQ and am curious.

8. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    I am sometimes having trouble keeping fluids in my body but am taking 12.5 mg thiamine (833%) and 400 mcg folate (100%) (among other things). It doesn't seem to be helping.

I suspect that it is due to an imbalance in thyroid hormones.

As I am having trouble thinking, I can't guarantee that I will be able to answer questions on this (at least at present).

rosie26 and Battery Muncher like this.
  9. silverseas2014

silverseas2014

Southwest
    Hi @junkcrap50 .... I have just returned from holiday, and saw your questions.

I take:
    Sulbutiamine: 200 mg/day (Brand: NeuroFlow)
    Benfotiamine: 150 mg/day (Doctor's Best)
    High Potency B-1 (Thiamine): about 125 mg/day (Source Naturals)

--Just recently, I have decided to cycle Sulbutiamine as I think it is contributing to daily headaches.
    --Symptoms I believe that were partially remediated by taking thiamine: fatigue, irritability, pain.... the relief of muscle aches and pains were remarkably diminished by Benfotiamine (it functions almost like an NSAID).... I have been taking Thiamine for about 3 years now.... and will have to dig through my logs to find more comments/thoughts
    --I have taken much higher doses of both the Benfotiamine and the High Potency B-1, but they revved up my methylation... and I am now at the doses listed above.

Cheers,
    Silverseas2014

10. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

Thanks very much for replying. I found similar symptoms resolved with benfotiamine. No need to dig into more comments. I've been taking just 150 benfotiamine and occassionaly some Source Naturals sublingual thiamine.

You should research the side effects of sulbutiamine. On many nootropic sites and forums, I believe reading many people have experienced dependency and tolerance build-up fairly quickly on sulbutiamine. The nootropic geeks seem to be very wary of it. Just FYI.

See more popular forum discussions.