1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of fluoxetine in chronic fatigue syndrome

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I'm mainly highlighting this study for one reason: they used a motion-sensing device as an outcome measure in a paper that was published 17.5 years ago (and probably was devised in the region of 20 years ago). Why did it take so long before they were used more widely?

justy, rosie26, Valentijn and 5 others like this.
  2. wdb

wdb Admin

London
    It's amazing how far ME psychological research methodology has come on in the last 17 years :lol: :rofl: :cry:
    Shell, rosie26, SOC and 2 others like this.
  3. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

Did anyone mention that most ME/CFS patients tolerate fluoxetine poorly?
    aimossy likes this.
  4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Likewise, this study shows that Fluoxetine is ineffective for depression in CFS patients, yet it is still not uncommon for it to be prescribed. Why is that?
    aimossy likes this.
  5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

It's interesting with evidence-based reviews that antidepressants tend to get an easy ride. All sorts of edicts can come down to not prescribe X drug, as it's not evidence-based but this doesn't tend to happen with antidepressants.
    Valentijn likes this.
  6. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    We need a smiley for banging head against wall!

See more popular forum discussions.