• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

random mild sting on differnt parts of the body + buzz feeling in lowerlegs

douglasmich

Hello

Lately i have been lucky enough to be greeted with new symptoms.

Throughout the day i am getting a weird stinging sensation concentrated in one spot. It doesn't hurt but its very odd. For example 5mins ago the side of my head stung. Next the bottom of my foot. Next the inside of my ear.

Im also getting this weird feeling in my lower-leg and feet. Its not pins and needles but it feels like something similar. Its sort of like a mild floaty buzz feeling.

Does anyone know what could cause this?

thanks

lansbergen

Hello

Lately i have been lucky enough to be greeted with new symptoms.

Throughout the day i am getting a weird stinging sensation concentrated in one spot. It doesn't hurt but its very odd. For example 5mins ago the side of my head stung. Next the bottom of my foot. Next the inside of my ear.

Im also getting this weird feeling in my lower-leg and feet. Its not pins and needles but it feels like something similar. Its sort of like a mild floaty buzz feeling.

Does anyone know what could cause this?

thanks

I am not sure what causes it but I think it is a milder form of pins and needles.

Deltrus

In my experience I get a similar feeling when taking 20 mg ALA(alpha lipoic acid) which heavily boosts glutathione and some other antioxidants. The feeling tends to happen right when damaged areas regain their antioxidant defences and start feeling better. I speculate the fluttery feeling occurs when oxidants and antioxidants are at equal standing and neither side can fully quench the other side.

When the feeling disapears, then one side has won.

I get this feeling on the side of my head, the bottom of my foot, my right thigh/calf. All my problem areas.

This is purely speculation and just the explanation I thought up for it.

Michelle

Decennial ME/CFS patient
They may well be fasciculations, which from talking w/many PWME is something not that uncommon. I first started having them 16 years ago and remember thinking they felt like a humming bird or bee under my skin. When I first experienced a TENS machine a year or two later, it mimicked almost exactly the sensation. Most the time they are not painful. But I do experience a sensation like a bee sting from time to time and/or pins and needles. As my neuro exam was mostly normal and they appear somewhat common among PWME, I've just chalked them up to part of our Damn Disease.