The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ran out of B-complex

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Coolie, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Coolie

Coolie

I've been taking 5mg Methylcobalamin, Zinc and a B12 complex at lunch and ,most days when I remember a top up B12 in the evening. It's been good until I recently ran out of B12 complex and on the shelf in the supermarket, in it's place was high dose B6, and I got confused thinking B6 was folate so I bought it.
    Now something is wrong. My concentration is going, tiredness, even aches and pains are worse. Productivity dropping.
    Obviously it's been getting worse over as few days and tomorrow, I'm going to get my B complex back. Makes me wonder whether I should re-visit the idea of taking high dosage Methylfolate again, although bear in mind I'm not following a methylation regime and am no expert on it, what-so-ever. :)

2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Just make sure to stop the B6 supplement. Being a water-soluble vitamin it will get out of your system pretty soon.

Does your B12 complex has any folate in it? If not it would be best to take a bit of folate to help the B12. Since you're not doing a methylation therapy a basic dose of 100-400mcg would be ok.

cheers

ETA = by folate I mean folinic ac. or methylfolate. Avoid the folic acid, if possible.

3. Coolie

Coolie

Hi there, I got my new supply of B12 complex this morning. Yes it contains Folate, but all the B vits are only represented in this tablet at 100% RDA, not super strong. But after a short snooze after taking the tablet I drifted awake with kind of electricity along my skin and arms, like a sleeping robot coming back to life... slowly but surely...

See more popular forum discussions.