1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ran my 23andme through GeneticGenie and need some help

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by WD40, Feb 2, 2014.

1. WD40

WD40

I got my methylation profile and detox profile from GG and I'd like some help interpreting them please.

In particular I'd like some insight into the "NAT2 K268R" which I'm +/+ for, and the four +/+ I have on my methylation profile.

Are there any supplements that I should be taking, given my specific SNPs?

Am I a good or bad detoxifier of mercury?

Here are my results:

detox SNP profile.jpg methylation SNP results.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. WD40

WD40

I've been watching a presentation by Benjamin Lynch on methylation and MTHFR defects and I'm learning a lot.

From what I have gathered so far, my homozygous mutations of COMT V158M, COMT H62H, and MAO A R297R all slow the breakdown of serotonin and dopamine.
    I lose my temper easily and sometimes get quite angry at little stuff that shouldn't get me mad. I'm thinking there might be a connection.

I have been supplementing with a fair amount of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine daily, thinking that it will help my sluggish thyroid. Is this a bad idea, given those SNPs?

What about Dimethylglycine?

See more popular forum discussions.