• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ran my 23andme through GeneticGenie and need some help

I got my methylation profile and detox profile from GG and I'd like some help interpreting them please.

In particular I'd like some insight into the "NAT2 K268R" which I'm +/+ for, and the four +/+ I have on my methylation profile.

Are there any supplements that I should be taking, given my specific SNPs?

Am I a good or bad detoxifier of mercury?

Here are my results:

detox SNP profile.jpg methylation SNP results.jpg

Last edited:
I've been watching a presentation by Benjamin Lynch on methylation and MTHFR defects and I'm learning a lot.

From what I have gathered so far, my homozygous mutations of COMT V158M, COMT H62H, and MAO A R297R all slow the breakdown of serotonin and dopamine.
I lose my temper easily and sometimes get quite angry at little stuff that shouldn't get me mad. I'm thinking there might be a connection.

I have been supplementing with a fair amount of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine daily, thinking that it will help my sluggish thyroid. Is this a bad idea, given those SNPs?

What about Dimethylglycine?