Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Raising ejection fraction

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by sillysocks84, Mar 22, 2015.

1. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

Does anyone know their ejection fraction? Mine isn't terrible. But it is 55 and I am 30 and starting this adventure. I would like to work on raising it. Do beta blockers help? My heart rate is always high. ALao my dhea is low? Could supplements help?

2. Eeyore

Eeyore Senior Member

55 is completely normal. Don't worry about it. Normal is about 50-60.

ME doesn't generally result in a reduction in EF so I don't think you have any concerns here if your cardiac workup is normal and your doc isn't worried about it.

If your heart rate is high, beta blockers would lower it. This might be more comfortable, but it might make you feel worse - it's individualized. It can also lower blood pressure, so talk to your doc about it and see what he/she thinks.

sillysocks84 and catly like this.
  3. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

I previousy got another echo done at ku med and ejection was 70. .n the first place also had ended up telling me I had pulmonary hypertension, ku med ran tests telling me they were wrong about that diagnosis.

See more popular forum discussions.