• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Raised Lymph in the back of throat

Hi,

I am new to this section of the forum. I have been reading a lot of the methylation protocol forums to see if I could possibly figure out a way to help my current state. I happened upon this forum after reading into Dr. Walsh's book about methylation. His book primarily focuses on psychiatric disorders, not on CFS but apparently a lot of things can be helped by manipulating methylation in our bodies.

Anyways moving onto how this is tied into my immune system. About a year ago, I returned home from spending a year teaching English in China. The year in China was really hard on me. I was with a good group of college friends but I still only limped through the teaching program I was in. When I came home, I was starting to have some reactions to food, which increased my anxiety and panic levels to a point to where I didn't know if I was actually just panicking or having an actual reaction to food. The first 2 reactions I had were definite reactions of some time where I had to make a trips to the bathroom as whatever I had eaten really activated my gut. I was having issues with swallowing, kind of like it felt really dry.

So all this caused me to look in the mirror at my throat, since with the anxiety I was always worried about my throat closing etc. What I noticed from doing that is I have a lot of bumps on the back of my throat. I did some searching and I am fairly certain that the bumps are just raised lymphocytes. Now I know further back on your tongue there are raised bumps as well, but these are on back of my throat past the dangly thing and the tonsils. When I went to the doctor and asked him to look at the back of my throat he said he saw no reason for concern. The only other person I have been able to compare myself to is my Mom who has no bumps on the back of her throat.

A year later, I still suffer from vastly worse anxiety than I ever have and these raised bumps are still there. They are always the same shape (as I sort of memorized the way my throat looked so I knew if any changes were occurring). After reading a bunch on this forum I have heard some people have underlying infections like Lyme or h pylori and other things. I am wondering if anyone knows if 1) having raised throat lymphocytes is a completely normal thing and 2) if these could be being caused by some underlying virus

When I was in China I had been sick with something and had some friends take me to a hospital there. The Chinese doc told me I had a virus and he gave me what I think I remember to be some probiotics. Then I got better. Otherwise, aside from the possible allergy reactions I had when I came back I haven't had any other apparent symptoms of being sick with a cold or a virus. I think OCD can be aggravated by some underlying conditions, some people even develope it from strep.